Sarah’s favorite cake is tasty, very simple to make (she bakes it), doesn’t cost much and doesn’t take long. Why don’t you try it?
Because it’s that simple, it’s not a strict recipe… in fact it’s not even a recipe at all, it’s something I once tried.
– 200 gr chocolate (we use dark/bittersweet chocolate)
– 6 eggs
– milk (a bit for the chocolate to melt)
– butter (not a must – to add to the milk and chocolate)
– sugar (not a must – to add to the egg yolk)
– 1st, take your toddler with you and have fun 🙂 – then preheat oven to 180 degrees C
– Break the chocolate bar/bars into a bowl, add a bit of milk (or water if you prefer) and a bit of butter if you want (it can be dairy free if you’d like) and melt it (Bain Marie or microwave oven – we use the microwave oven). We usually save a bit for Sarah to eat 🙂
– Separate egg whites and yolks into 2 separate bowls
– Add a bit of sugar into the yolks and beat the mixture
– Mix the chocolate and the yolks mixture together into 1 bowl
– Beat the egg whites
– Incorporate chocolate/yolks mixture into the egg whites
That’s it, you’re done!
Pour into a prepared pan – you can choose the shape… and bake the cake for around 20 minutes (180-200 degrees C)